Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Baby Bullet

Well today was my first attempt at making baby food... and I'd like to say it was a success!  We got the "Baby Bullet" as a gift, so it was time to put it to use.  After reading many articles about home made baby food vs store bought baby food in jars, I was totally sold on fixing it at home ourselves; and after doing it today, it wasn't nearly as hard or time consuming as I thought it would be!


First the supplies


I did 1 avocado, 1 squash, 1 cup of rice, and 1 cup of peas


we followed the very easy recipes


steamed our veggies


placed them in the cup


pulsed a little


added a little more water and viola!! Fresh peas for John William!!


now for some squash!!



and avocado



and finally, we milled some brown rice!



 so what was my helper doing during this...


he was just a swingin'!!

And what did he think of his new food...



He loved it!!!




and here's what we got.. a full bowl of squash, 5 servings of peas plus an ice tray full in the freezer, 3 servings of avocado, 6 servings of rice plus an ice tray full in the freezer..


not too shabby for our first attempt!!  this really was so easy and didn't take long at all!  Next time I will probably try to do a little more and stock up our freezer for the month!  I look forward to planting some of our own veggies in the garden across the street next spring and heading out to our local farmers market for some more fresh produce!

2 comments:

  1. Aren't you good. We never had a baby bullet...but that is pretty neat.Looks like he is a big fan of Mama's cooking : ) On a side note, John William was such a good model for his pumpkin shirt from Three Peas that I decided Owen needed one : ) Hope yall are enjoying this fall season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a TON of recipes for baby food! I may have blogged about some (not sure though). If you want any of them just message me on FB!

    ReplyDelete