In an always changing world, I'm so blessed to have a never changing God. Always true. Always dependable. Always there. Never breaks a promise. Never tells a lie. The joy of the Lord is my strength. In thinking of this I was reminded of many other things that bring joy and happiness to my life. I am in such a happy place as I type this now, but like most of you, have my down days as well. I thought I'd make a list of the things that bring joy and happiness to my life so that on those down days I can look at this and know everything will be alright.
1. God- my top joy.. as the list continues there will be many 'material' things that He has blessed us with, and I am reminded that it is all through Him I have it.
3. Being Forgiven
4. Being loved by the King.. just because
4. Those friends that are so close to us that they are basically family
5. A child's laughter
6. Little boys playing baseball
7. Diet Mountain Dew
8. 1000 thread count sheets
9. Genuine smiles on a child's face
10. A full tank of gas
12. "Game night" with friends
13. The look on Brett's face when I've made a HUGE mess in the kitchen
14. Being called "Duck"
15. My grandmother, and all of her wisdom
16. Someone telling me their good news
17. Date nights
19. The lake
20. Rosey red cheeks from the sun
21. The beach
22. Pillow talk
23. Seeing the students at Rise on their playground having the time of their life next door
24. Remembering High School
25. Laughing so hard that who knows what might happen :)
26. A clean house
27. Fluffy towels freshly folded out of the drier
28. Alabama Football
29. Saturdays in the fall on the Quad
30. December 19, 2009
31. MY BIRTHDAY!!!
32. text messages
33. Notifications of someone posting something on my wall
34. God's handiwork all over this beautiful land
35. A sunny day
36. Worshiping at University Church of Christ
37. being married
38. Pachabells Cannon in D
39. A tear jerker movie (I know doesn't make sense)
40. Flowers blooming
41. Children's books
43. helping someone
45. Seeing an old friend
47. Sunday afternoon naps
49. Watching Brett get excited over a work out
50. The holidays
Again.. just to name a few ;) Thank you God for all the gifts in my life that you have blessed me with, if not for you, I would have nothing.
Monday, April 5, 2010
What a wonderful Easter weekend we had!!! It started off Friday night with a great date night for Brett and I.. early dinner then home to watch "Bones"-- Brett and I are somewhat addicted to this show about an FBI agent that works with a Forensic Anthropologist; suspense with a romantic/comedic twist. Saturday morning, after the rain went through, Brett and I headed to Kentuck to watch some of our favorite little guys play baseball. Afterward Brett had to head up to campus to work on some of his many things he has due in the upcoming weeks, and I headed home. It turned into a beautiful day, and I enjoyed having windows opened and getting some things done around the house.. along with watching two of my favorite movies in the process, Father of the Bride I & II. I was working on making some dishes for our Easter lunch, and what a lunch we had!!!! I made...
Nutter-Butter Banana Pudding
and a sweet potato casserole... But Oh.My.Word. had how many wonderful dishes we had at lunch!!! It was a wonderful pot luck meal filled with many of our closest friends that are family to us. Thank you to the Breedlove's for having us all over!!!!!
Yesterday afternoon while admiring God's beautiful creations I couldn't help but to just continue wanting to give thanks, and had so much joy in my heart in knowing that God, our Father, created all of this and how much power he has. Jesus has risen, He is alive!!!!!!!!
We are blessed beyond measure, and thankful to God.