Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Path




I like to say that this is our families verse.. It is the title of this blog, a sign in our dining room, and now around my neck.  But this week I've really thought about this verse and my perception of it.

Show me your ways, Lord,
teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long. (Psalm 25:4, 5 NIV)

It's easy to think of blue skies and rainbows, beautiful fall back drops, ocean shores, and snow white forests- after all, God made these breath taking scenes, and I am so amazed by them and His power when I see them.  But our paths are not always filled with these happy warm fuzzy places.  Sometimes our paths have storms along the way-strong powerful storms, and God makes these too.  Sometimes our paths don't take us where we ( I ) am wanting to go.  Sometimes on our paths we end up loosing friends and family due to choices.  Sometimes on our paths we get hurt by the ones closest to us.  Our paths can have stops in far away countries, undesired neighborhoods, and far away from the ones we love the most.  Our paths can have miles of heartache due to the loss of a loved one, filled with fear because of disease that we don't understand.  But one thing is true, even though our paths may have pot holes, hills, sharp curves, and road blocks; they all end up at the same place- the feet of Jesus!!  That's the part I tend to forget, that these 'hiccups' in the road are too from God, and even though there is pain and confusion, He should be praised.  If we allow Him to direct our paths and trust Him, even through the hard times, we will make it.  If we remember that sometimes we are too close to the piece of art to see the entire big picture, and glorify God through it, and remember where the end of the road leads we will make it!  I laugh as I look at all the "we's" I've typed- because by "we" I of course mean me, me me me!!!  So as I have been asking why the past few weeks over so many friends heartaches (and my own) I have to remember that it is part of the path, and it will make the feet of Jesus that much sweeter- if possible!!

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sister, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know  that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.  Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything" James 1:2-4

1 comment:

  1. You will never know how much I needed this..right now, but I'm certain God did :-)

    ReplyDelete