Saturday, January 14, 2012

Week 23... nothing but glee!


We are chugging right along!


and yes, there is a bump!!


at week 23 'Baby P' is the size of a large Mango weighing in a little over a pound and almost 12 inches long head to toe!

Baby P:  Yep, that means we still don't have an official name for our little guy!!  We are trying to figure this out, but not dwelling on it-  we know that it will come to us, and when we know- we'll know!!  And I'm ready to know :)  I had a doctors appointment last Friday (22 wks) and everything looked great, well sounded great!  I love, love, love hearing his heart beating!!  Such a beautiful noise!!  It's amazing how much I love this little guy and I don't even know him yet.  Such a humble reminder of how our God loves us, all of us, whether we know Him or not, he knows the depths of our hearts and loves us the same.  Brett and I long for our child to be a follower of Christ and as our family grows, we all grow closer and closer to our amazing God!

Movement:  I feel him pretty much all the time... and I LOVE IT!  People tell me that soon enough I will not enjoy these little kicks and punches as they will get harder and harder... but I can't help but grin every time I feel it!  Brett has felt him move now as well, he felt 2 little punches looked at me and smiled, that's it, that's our son, and smiled some more-- it was a very sweet moment.  His favorite time to move is after I eat, and when I finally 'take my place' on the couch at the end of the day and sit still.

Cravings:  Still pretty much anything that sounds good at the time :) it's very random.. sometimes I'll really want this salad from Walton's, and then there's always the golden arches calling me for some french fries!!  This week I've had a strong desire for blue Gatorade/G2.. who knows!!

Next Appointment:  In 3 weeks I go back and will be having my gestational diabetes test done. apparently during this appointment I'll have plenty of time to think about a name :)  I'm pretty sure this appointment will be fine and I'll pass this test.  I say this because I get my blood checked every 4-6 weeks anyway with my hematologist and surely he'd know if something was off.. and if for some reason something is off, we'll go from there!  I also go to the hematologist this week for my normal check up-- this is to check my platelets and iron (something I've been doing for the past 2 years anyway, just am going more often now) I'll post more on this after the appointment.  Everything in this area has been going great so far, PTL!

Happenings in our life:
Brett is coaching his basketball team again (3rd or 4th year with these guys) and it's so much fun!!  We've spent alot of time with these guys over the last many years between football, basketball, and baseball.  I love watching Brett coach these boys and spend time with them, it brings me joy.  I can't wait for Brett to coach our own little man-- although, I know he has no intentions of leaving this group of boys any time soon!!

defense wins championships
 drawing on the white board


 a little one on one

 :)
 good luck charms




Oh, and we had a special friend come visit us...
just in time for the big game :)  And what a game it was!!  We stayed up way past our work night bed time, but it was so worth it!!  We are both proud to be Alums of such a great University!!  Roll Tide Roll!!!

Looking forward to Katie and Braxton coming to visit this weekend!!!  If you haven't yet, check out what she, her mom, and Grandmother have been up to!!  On facebook look for "The Three Peas in a Pod".  Some of the sweetest things I've seen!!  More on that and pics in the next post!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment