Saturday, December 10, 2011

It's a...




BOY!!!!!!!


The Lord called me before my birth; from within the womb he called me by name.
Isaiah 49:1



Yesterday was such an exciting day for us!!  I have to again say, I was a little nervous about this appointment, but then became just totally excited!!!  Thursday was like the day before my birthday, and I was just counting down until Friday morning!!!

My appointment was at 8:30 and we went right back!  When i first looked at the screen it was just so amazing to see how much our sweet baby has grown!!  From looking like a butter-bean to a sweet baby!!  Then we saw that heart just a beating, which always brings a smile to my face...  then, they continued scrolling down and ask to make sure we wanted to know the gender, of course I said YES before she could finish the sentence!!  She got to that area and asked if we could tell what it was, it just took a glance and it was very easy to tell that we indeed have a baby BOY in there!!  Even Brett could tell :)






The entire ultra sound was just so cool, Brett and I just kept asking questions about what was what and how he was positioned and how in the world ultra sounds really worked!!  We were very intrigued!  Our little guy is already acting like is his daddy in that he would.not.be.still.  We wiggled, squirmed, flapped, and kicked the whole time!  He was so funny!!!  A few times he actually looked liked he was waving to us!!  It was amazing to see this human being, our son, growing inside of me!


Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. 
                                                            Psalm 127:3 

I am now 18 weeks along, and at yesterdays appointment we were told everything is going perfectly!  We saw that his kidneys and stomach were all great, and that all 4 of the chambers of the heart were right in place!  He was right at 7oz. and progressing right along!!  We saw his little hands with his little fingers, and his sweet little feet that were nicely crossed his sweet toes just wiggling. 

Baby BOY P- is now the size of a Bell Pepper... and moving his little arms and legs!  I am starting to feel this more and more... Still mostly flutters but more and more defined.  It's a wonderful feeling!!

Name- Now comes the fun :)  We had a girl name in mind, but we just don't think we have found the perfect boy name yet.  We have a few ideas, but not 100% yet.  I can't wait to give him a name and start calling him by it!!  

Since we found out yesterday that it is a boy, I already feel more connected, and so many wonderful thoughts are already going through my head about this wonderful blessing.  Brett didn't have a huge fist pump reaction or let out a sigh of relief that it's a boy, he 100% didn't care and is only desiring a healthy baby (and mamma)!  Don't get me wrong, he had a huge smile on his face, and as the day went on he made more and more comments on how excited he is.  The first thing he said was when we went back tot he waiting room, he looked at me and said, "Looks like you're out-numbered now!"  And I can't wait!  Brett is going to be an amazing daddy, and I pray our little guy takes after him!  That he gets Brett's compassion, strength, gentle heart, smarts, spiritual leadership, and so much more!!  And of course I hope he looks just like him :)

We can't put into words how excited and how blessed we are.  We are praising God for all this wonderful news!!


From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. 
John 1:16


looking at us


putting his hand over his face (something his Daddy would do while taking pictures :) )


thumbs up!


sweet man


HEY!!!


first "something blue" from Stacey when I got back to work :)


1 comment:

  1. Very few things make me miss the baby birthing days, but seeing your pics and feeling your excitement brings back so many sweet memories. Soak it all up :). These are great times!

    ReplyDelete