Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Time at the Paulk's

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!  The holiday season truly is my favorite time of year.  All the time spent with friends and family, wonderful decorations, amazing dinners and smells of the season, coats and scarves, and so much more.  The main reason I love it so much is because I'm reminded how truly blessed I am.  It's amazing how God continues to bless Brett and I daily, we are truly thankful, and should be showing our gratitude more!!  If the holiday season wasn't filled with lights and tinsel, home cooked dinners and a red and green wardrobe I hope that I would still enjoy this time of year just as much.  If we had nothing I hope I would still be just as grateful as I am now for I will always have the blessing of Christ's love for (which is HUGE!!!!!! I'm so unworthy, but He is so good!!).  God is so good, and I am thankful!!

On Veterans Day Brett and I were both off work so while he was doing things in the garage I was inside decorating the house for Christmas (yes, this was 2 weeks before Thanksgiving!!).  I was a little excited, it was the first time I was decorating my own home!!  Many of our Christmas decorations were wedding gifts so it was so fun to open them back up and be reminded of how truly amazing and perfect our wedding was.  It was so much fun filling our home with all the decorations of Christmas, but I was reminded (again by reading another's blog) again that if we didn't have all of this, would I be satisfied?  Am I satisfied with Christ's love alone?  I think I am, I pray that I am, and I ask friends to let me know if I am not living accordingly!!  I read the hymn, In Christ Alone, and wow did it touch me.  So as you scroll through some of the pictures of our home this holiday season I will have the lyrics to this wonderful song...

In Christ alone my hope is found


he is my light, my strength, my song;




this Cornerstone, this solid Ground 


firm through the fiercest drought and storm.


What heights of love, what depths of peace,


when fears are stilled, when strivings cease!


My comforter, my All in All


here in the love of Christ I stand.


In Christ alone!  who took on flesh


Fluness of God in helpless babe!


This gift of love and righteousness


scorned by the ones he came to save:


till on that cross as Jesus died,


The wrath of God was satisfied-


For every sin on him was laid;


here in the death of Christ I live.


There in the fround His body lay


Light of the world by darkness slain:


Then bursting forth in glorious Day


Up from the grave he rose again!


And as He stands in victory


Sin's curse has lost its grip on me.


For I am His and He is mine-


Bought with the precious blood of Christ


No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath.
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.


We try to have our home be a place that is open for anyone to come in and always be welcome.  Our house is not huge by any means, but it is perfect for us and we couldn't need anything else.  We like to ultimately fill our house with love 365 days a year.  An abundant love for Christ and an abundant love of each other through Christ.  If you're ever in the neighborhood stop on by!!

Merry Christmas, love the Paulk's

1 comment:

  1. Your house is so festive! Christmas is my favorite time of year too! I also enjoyed the lyrics to Christ Alone, sang it as I read the blog...what a great song! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete