Thursday, July 15, 2010

Changes...



oh change... how you make me so anxious!! I am definitely one of those people that likes things to be planned out, have a schedule, BE ON TIME, be comfortable with my surroundings, and form a routine. For the past year and a half I have gotten up every week day and gone to The University of Alabama's Children's Program at the Child Development Research Center. That is now about to change... I have loved working at The Children's Program, I have made life-long friends, I have learned so much, and formed some pretty special bonds with some pretty awesome children! But now, I am changing that... Starting in the beginning of August I will be working at University Church of Christ's Preschool Program. This was a decision Brett and I made together. We discussed it, prayed about it, and thought about what a change would do. All doors opened at University Church. It wasn't that I was unhappy at UA's Children's Program, it was just that something was missing. Brett and I have been blessed immeasurably by University Church of Christ and consider that church family, our family. I'm excited to be working there with some of the members children as well as meeting many new faces. I'm excited about fulfilling the children's spiritual needs (along with mental, physical, and cognitive development) using Bible stories, songs, and trying to lead by the example of Christ.

My last day at The University was a tough one.. I worked with a fabulous teacher, that became a dear friend. Jessy made going to work better, and taught me alot!! She made my last day special.. I walked in to work my last day and saw this..


The children were holding papers that said We <3>



I was tackled :) I will deeply miss these children, I had been with some of them through 2 classes, and they are so dear in my heart!! I will greatly miss so much about the Children's Program, but know that I'll be able come back and visit, and use The Children's Program as a resource for many years to come!!

I start in my new class room in August, and I'm so excited!! Although the change is making me anxious and nervous, I know it's a good thing, and God is will take care of it all!!

I've got this week and next off, and I am enjoying some down time!! I plan on having a spick and span clean house- with many things re-organized and put away! Getting all of my 'teaching stuff' organized and ready for my new class, and cooking dinner as much as I can for my sweet husband.. who might I add, has been wonderful with his support for me in the job switch, continuously prays for me, and always pushes me!!

Last weekend we went to Ringgold Georgia to watch the Northport Nationals play in the world series, we had such a great time and didn't want to leave! I'll blog on that soon! The Nationals are still there continuing to play, Go Nationals!!!

2 comments:

  1. And how could I forget.. The parents of our class threw Jessy and I an AWESOME class party.. my going away, and Jessy getting married!! It was so sweet to see so many of the parents, having cards from the children and they were kind enough to give us both a gift.. Great great parents!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be missed. Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete