Sunday, May 2, 2010

A friend loves at all times...


Hebrews 13:2 "Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."

Brett and I have always believed that God puts certain people in and out of our lives for specific reasons. He puts people in our lives to help us grow, help us over-come, help us mourn, help us succeed, help us love, and help us grow closer to Him. Our greatest friend of course is God, I learn this more and more every day. Learning I am not alone, even when I feel I am, for God is always with me, and will always listen to my joys, concerns, and fears and He will at ALL times have my best interest in mind. God has also given me my best friend on Earth, as my husband. The man that I can share anything with, grow in faith with, and figure out our next steps together.



Brett and I are blessed by so many great friends. God has allowed us to live in a town where we have an amazing church family. A family that we can go to in need, share excitement, and worship with amazing love. In this church family Brett and I have made amazing friends. Many of our closest friends are older than us, with families of their own, but all of them include us and would always help us if need be. We are thankful for these friends for their time, guidance, generosity, and most importantly their love for God that they display to us on a daily basis.

Proverbs 15:22 "Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed."
-there are many times I am sure we talk their ears off asking random questions, as well as seeking advice, but we appreciate and value their advice, as well as their prayers for us.

Ecclesiastes 4: 9-12 "Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. 10 If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. 11 Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone? 12 A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken."
- We thank God for our friends, because we know He has the master plan for us, and has allowed us these friendships to grow, and feel protected. He has allowed us to be a support system for each other and workers for His kingdom.



















No comments:

Post a Comment